Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Swap Time!!

PTS7 - what do you think partner?

I just received my partner assignment for the Pillow Talk Swap - my third time swapping with them. It's pretty exciting to stalk your partner and figure out what they like. I settled on a basic idea right away, and since I received my partner assignment just minutes before my husband took the toddler out for a couple hours - I was able to get started immediately!

PPTS - a start

Here's what I have so far, a round of 32 flying geese. They're foundation paper pieced using the printable pattern here. It was a little tedious, but not too bad. I like this sort of mindless, mind-numbing work on days where I tend to get obsessive about other things.... I'm not going to post about that today though - ugh (can I just have a baby already?).

So, the geese look pretty bad ass if you ask me! Perfect points and pretty colors. I'm thinking of using a newsprint type fabric for the middle and outside. I don't have any such fabrics (other than a fat eighth of sweetwater). Other than that sweetwater print does anyone know of a text/newsprint fabric that's readily available? I'm looking for a white/natural/grey type color scheme.

My pillow may be double-sided too... since I really think my normal style (total comfort zone without trying) is very much to my partner's liking too. We'll see.

New York Beauty Block - DQS12 Block inspiration
This round each member will be required to include one of the following blocks in their quilt:
churn dash/shoofly, log cabin, drunkards path, N.Y. beauty, flying geese
By the way --- sign-ups are open for the Doll Quilt Swap!! I'm a mama this round - which is really fun and amusing - so it'll be better than ever!! You flickr people go on and sign up!!

6 comments:

  1. thanks for the PSA for DQS 12-- just tried to sign up! those flying geese are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the arc flying geese. Blue and green are my favorite color combos. Lucky partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the colors you've chosen and the pattern rocks!

    ReplyDelete