Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The prettiest quilt binding ever..


A year in the making and I'm still not finished. Last February I had the ladies from the {Sew} Beautiful Bee make me some pretty awesome giant drunk love blocks. I had them use my very favorite fabrics (AMH's Good Folks), and I used nearly every bit of them to make the quilt big enough to cover our king sized bed. Several months ago I'd finished the top and started piecing the back (using the scraps my bee friends sent back)... but ran out of Kona Coal and put it in the closet. It stayed there for ... a while. :)

As with everything else, Christmas and life happened and now that the craziness has died down I've pulled this one back out. Last night I finished piecing together the back and all I need to do is baste and quilt it. I even finished prepping the binding! Look how amazing it looks! Those are some hard to find fabrics right there. 

The moral of the story, put projects off for a while and sometimes you'll come across some cool fabric to include, such as my prized FQ of buttoned up in sea... and that fortune in zinna. :) 

Hopefully there will be some major progress on this quilt soon - and then it will live on my bed where I will lay awake at night staring at it's awesomeness.

More about this quilt here.

****

Hello to Emily's blog world.  I (Michelle) am currently visiting and therefore had access to said blog.  I got to touch my fabric today.  

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment