Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is it really time to start saving...?

For a new sewing machine? I told myself (secretly) that I wasn't going to put much more money into Nancy, my singer Confidence. While I love the machine it seems like I am sewing too much for her to keep up. Today I was 1/3 of the way through a project and had to refill a bobbin. The bobbin winder is not working. The bar that holds  the bobbin isn't engaging with the system that winds the bobbin. The winding system is working fine. Google tells me that it may be the bobbin winder friction ring or belt. lol. Thanks Google. I guess it's a trip to vogue to have it looked at. If they have to check the machine in to fix it I'm not going to do it. $35 is their minimum fee for checked in service (anything they can't do while you're standing there). Plus parts. I'm not doing it. I guess I'll pull out my old machine and wind bobbins with that. Which is really annoying. No, I don't want a side winder. I have too many little gadgets as it is.

My dilemma? Any other machine that will handle this much sewing will cost much more. Money that we just don't have. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that Nancy is having issues. It's crummy that long-term good machines are so costly that we have to think of saving up just in order to get one. Of course, once you save up that money, the machine you get should last for a goodly long time.

    ReplyDelete