Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 Goals Accomplished and a Quick Recap

Last year I wrote out a list of sewing goals... as you know I've met most of them. 




Here they are:

1. {Sew} Beautiful Bee & Swaps.  Done.
2. I'd like to make a quilt for my mom or my MIL this year.  Finished my mom's and just need to baste and quilt Linda's!
3. I really would like to finish the String Quilt I started last january... lol. It's supposed to be for Allie's toddler bed. I decided I didn't want to do that one... lol.

4. I'd like to follow a pattern for a quilt this year. Done. Followed the Swoon pattern and while it turned out awesome I didn't enjoy the process nearly as much.
5. I want to make a wonky star quilt with light/medium grey and a pop of color. Done -Gia's quilt
6. I want to keep working on taking better pictures of my work. Done - still improving.
7. I'd like to make a baby this year. Ugh... still working on this one. 
8. I want to make more ruffly dresses for my daughter. Done, well mostly skirts but they count too!
9. I would love to make more personal connections in the sewing world. Done - CMQG and Sewing Summit!
10. I'd like to keep teaching my niece to enjoy crafts and sewing. She's pretty much hooked!


Two off my list not accomplished. Not bad. Especially since the one I decided not to do, the other I tried as much as I could. lol.


If you want to take a look at some of my projects finished in the past year they're all on my sidebar there to the left. That's 15 quilts ... yes I count those doll quilts since they're just as much work sometimes. And I didn't count all the small mug rugs and pouches etc.  I feel pretty accomplished! :) Here's to more fun sewing in the new year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment