Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'll shave my head - will you make a donation to end childhood cancer?

Todd family
Rosemarie w/ her family - in their Rosemarie shirts made by Blamo!
Hello! It’s been a while since I posted an update on my niece Rosemarie. She’s doing ok and her cancer has been stable, which isn’t great, but at least it’s not growing. Last summer Rosemarie lost her hair (for the third time!), and myself and my family shaved our heads in solidarity. Rosemarie is five now and it’s harder for her now when she loses her hair. In August when I shaved I donated 14” of my hair to the Wig 4 Kids which provided Rosemarie with a wig.
Rosemarie helping me shave my head last summer.

Now I’ve decided to shave my head again to match Rosemarie’s bald head, but also to raise money for childhood cancer research, and I’m asking for your support. I’m going to have my head shaved at a St. Baldrick’s Foundation event on March 16th at Fado Irish Pub, Columbus Ohio.

With my bald head, I’ll stand in solidarity with kids being treated for cancer while raising money for life-saving research.

Does my hair...

Please make a donation on my head to help me reach my goal of $1000, and watch me and others “Shaving the Way to Conquer Kids’ Cancer!” This is a fun way to do something very important.

You can give directly online (search for my name, Emily Lang at www.StBaldricks.org) or by phone at 888-899-BALD. Credit cards are the most efficient way to give, or you can write a check payable to “St. Baldrick’s Foundation.” I’ll be collecting pledges! To see a list of my donors, fundraising progress, and “before” and “after” photos, visit my page (www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/505739) on the St. Baldrick’s website.

St. Baldrick's funds more in grants for childhood cancer research than any other organization except the U.S. government. Last year, the Foundation has funded nearly $22 million in new grants – all because over 45,000 people shaved their heads!

You can count on this donation being used responsibly. To see all the research being funded – by disease type, location and more – visit www.StBaldricks.org and click on "Where the Money Goes," then "View Grants."

On behalf of Rosemarie and other kids with cancer, thank you for your support!


ballerinas
Rosemarie and Allie - little ballerinas.

2 comments:

  1. This just breaks my heart. : ( Especially since I have a 5-year-old daughter myself, and cannot imagine her going through this. I donated! Good luck hitting your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely amazing. I'm headed to your link right now.

    ReplyDelete