Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Good Mail Day!!


Hawthorne Threads never fails to amaze me. While they may not tie their bundles up with pretty scraps of fabric like Sew Mama Sew does, they do ALWAYS ship in a timely manner! I ordered this fabric about two and a half days ago - using the generic cheapest mailing method. And here it is!

Merry Christmas to me! Thanks to my lovely husband who gave me a one size fits all gift certificate! I bought this  lovely FQ bundle of Joel Dewberry Heirloom. It will be used for my month (Feb) of the {Sew} Beautiful Bee. I'm really excited about it. 

I also got a bit more of my fav. print.

And a couple half yards of pretties that I just couldn't pass up. I can't remember what that blue one is, but it's so much prettier in real life and now I wish I'd bought a bit in each color. :)


This has nothing to do with this post but I have a serious desire to make some 3" sawtooth stars. Serious. After seeing this on flickr.
Also, I want to make something like this. Free pieced and wonderful. I've never tried the ringo-pie type pieced stuff. I'm a little intimidated but who knows? Maybe I'd be great at it!
Oh and I want to make one of these ModMood Quilts. If I could figure out how to make it miniature I would.
And... while we're daydreaming, I want to finish my Bee quilt from last year! Now!! :)  I just need to finish piecing the backing (I have about 1/4 of the backing left to finish)... then it's on to quilting that bad boy!

1 comment:

  1. Your fabric looks lovely! I agree, that Hawthorne Threads is amazingly quick in getting their packages shipped out. It about killed me when it took forever for my Connecting Threads order to arrive...I'm not used to it since I normally order from Hawthorne Threads.

    I love gift certificates, too. This year, I received money, which is nice, too. I ordered somethings I had been wanting.... love that!

    ReplyDelete