Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I think I've made a decision.

I've been going back and forth for a long time about whether or not to start up an etsy store. The big reason I haven't is that I would hate to begin to create just for the sake of a sale. I've made a decision; I'm going to do it. I actually worked on three projects for my soon to be shop (oh that's even scary saying that) today. 
Two tiny 6" Dresdens, destined to be a pair of mug rugs.
I've decided that since I love making tiny things, and I like the thrill of finishing projects, I should make small projects. I'll make them a couple at a time and work with modern/popular fabrics that I enjoy. I figure I don't need 10 fabric journal covers... so maybe someone would like to buy one of those? Same with mug rugs... I've got about a million of them and love the mug rug swap so they'll keep coming! I love the creativity of a small project. I can try out a new thing, but am not at much loss if it doesn't work out. Wish me luck.

8 comments:

  1. Woo hoooo! I can't wait to see what goes into your shop! I love the tiny dresdens...they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you! I've gone back and forth too, for the same reasons. But it's nice to be able to be paid to support your habit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great idea. I started a store with a couple things. Now I have about ten things! lol Not much... but still. You have to start somewhere. It's interesting to see what sells and what doesn't, so it wouldn't be smart to make a hundred of something right off the bat. You also get a lot of exposure when your items are selected in treasuries. It's work it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome decision! Congrats, and I'm so excited to see what you're selling! I think your stuff will sell like hotcakes. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Your stuff will do great. I might have to check out your journal covers... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I've toyed with this idea for awhile too -- my husband says "go for it!", but I'm not sure. I'll be excited to see how it goes for you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck! I just opened my first etsy shop a couple of weeks ago. It's hard, but worth it. Talk about it...a lot. Enlist your friends to spread the work through facebook, work, and twitter...and your blog!! If you have questions, just holler! - BumbleSweetDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you put up in your shop!! When are you going to be opening??

    ReplyDelete