Monday, February 28, 2011

Quilt Retreat...

A stowaway? Cute!
I'm going on a quilting retreat next weekend. After (finally) attending my very first meeting with the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild today, I'm super excited! Although I have absolutely no idea what to bring or what to work on. Any tips? 

I'm thinking of taking a few projects so I can flit between them as I like. That way I don't get burnt out on one project. But I'd love to see some FINISHED results from this retreat.... I'm thinking of bringing one of the unfinished/hiding at the bottom of the closet projects out to be finished (it really just needs to be basted and quilted). I may work on two other quilts I'm in the middle of right now too. But I want to bring a bit of stash fabric in case I want to try out something new or do something on a whim... I don't have a lot of stash to go with though. Most of it's spoken for already. lol. 

I did accidentally buy some fabric online last night. What can I say, it was about 1:30AM and it was calling to me. I actually compared prices for about an hour before deciding what and how much and from where.... hopefully sewmamasew gets that fabric to me quick! :) One of the projects that I could foresee myself finishing at this retreat includes some backing fabric I bought. Thanks Aunt Kathy for the Christmas fabric money (a check that I found in my wallet a week ago! lol).

Seriously though, any tips of what to bring / what not to forget? I'd really appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. When our guild gets together for our sewing Saturdays, I always pack way more than I'll be able to get done in the amount of time we have. I think this is good though because then I can work on whatever I'm in the mood for and it's better to be safe than sorry and run out of projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear all about the weekend and how it goes! Of course, it's just like my scrapbooking weekends...I'm really not a fan of having to haul all sorts of stuff out and then back in.

    ReplyDelete