Thursday, February 24, 2011

I think I'm going to stick with my gut from now on.

Wonky Star Quilt

Because I keep trying to go "outside of the box" with projects (outside of my box... which amusingly is snugly where most modern quilters are). I tried to make a subdued sweet little star quilt today. DH took the kid to his moms for a couple hours and I got right on it. Well first of all somewhere along the line the math I did didn't add up to the right number of blocks (not that that mattered since I didn't have enough background fabric in my stash anyhow). I made up 6 star blocks - well two still have to be sewn together. I like them but my subdued fabrics just don't pop the way that I'd like. They kind of blend in to the background. I don't like that. Well the blocks turned out nice, but I'm not amazed by them. Should have gone my normal route (bright and bold); I think I'd be happier with them!

1 comment:

  1. I quick idea. How about handstictching in a strongly contrasting #8 pearl cotton outsid ethe stars. A royal blue or yellow could add the pop you crave.

    ReplyDelete