Monday, November 5, 2012

Just a little sneak peek...


A couple friends and I are doing a 3 way swap which we're calling the EEE swap (or Triple E). It's EEE because our names all start with E! I'm swapping with Emily and Elaine! We decided to make a medium-ish sewn item and we'll swap before/around Thanksgiving. I have my two gifts mostly finished... I need some hand stitching to make them shine! I sure hope they like what I've made! 

Since we've agreed to keep it a secret until we swap, I can only show just a little detail shot here! I'm pretty excited with how these turned out!! By the way, we're planning on swapping via Skype - since Emily and I are local and Elaine (who used to be local) has moved far away! It'll be amusing to open up swap gifts on skype! :)

I've really enjoyed doing this side swap - it's fun to sew for my friends, and we have similar styles. Do you swap with quilty friends? Do you do organized swaps? 

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!! is that shot cotton from The Needle Shop? AND Prairie Points AND AMH ribbon! ahhhhh!!!! I guess I should start on mine eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I've done two swaps... one was the RATZ swap, and I just finished up a private swap with one of my bloggy friends.

    I like swapping, but I'm a bit of a procrastinator so that doesn't work out well sometimes for the swapping...especially because I get a bit particular about my work and then if I'm doing the work at the 11th hour, it's hard to make it as perfect as I want. (I don't care so much for myself, but for work I'm trading....)

    I love the green of the shot cotton and I can't want to see what you and the other E's come up with!

    ReplyDelete