Saturday, April 14, 2012

{Modern} Robin

The Emily's

Here we are, swapping again! Can you believe how much our quilts have grown?? If you're new here, or don't remember, Emily and I each created a quilt block, then swapped - we each added a border (or two) to the other's piece, then we swapped again, and then again. We've got one more border to go then they'll return to the original maker to be finished.

This has been a really fun project. I can't believe how well they've come together so far! And... it gives Emily and I an excuse to get together to sew once a month!

Today we sewed for just a couple hours... er... we talked through most of the time, but I got most of a bee block finished. lol. It's a wonder that we get anything done when we sew together! 

So for the next and final round - I don't know what I'm going to add... but I'll do a tiny friendship star in one of the corners... (it is a friendship quilt right? - that was actually Emily's idea, I can't pretend it was mine). I'm thinking teeny -- 3" or so... embedded in a border. 

I'm really happy with how this is turning out - so much fun! But, the only really challenging part? Blogging about a project shared with someone who has my same name. lol. In my head I'm imagining my readers thinking "which Emily was that?" lol.

Thanks for following our little journey here. :) 

7 comments:

  1. This is a really cool thing. You guys are doing an awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those both look so cool! wha a great idea :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see these project take shape. Love the outer border in yours, Em. You two are so welll matched! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the final masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Awesome! Can't wait to see both of them when they are all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those are both really cool. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! I'm going to need to remember this for when I find a friend who quilts!

    ReplyDelete