Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Goals

Pulling fabrics for my Weekender!

Goals:
  • Begin a weekly blog topic linky party. (Name yet to be decided) Open ended questions related to sewing - things that I'd love to chat about but rarely get the chance.
  • Continue blog hops. Happy Little Pouch Hop will be annual, and if you're starting a blog hop and need some guest posters drop me a line. :) I love playing along with blog hops!
  • Continue swaps: DQS and personal side swaps
  • Look into teaching and/or making quilt samples for local fabric shops. 
  • Register as a small business and sell some box pouches.
  • Publish a quilt pattern, preferably one that's very "me"
  • Upgrade to a pro flickr account. (I'm putting it on here so I can cross it off... I've been putting that off for a long time).
  • Push myself to not feel confined by the size of a finished quilt. Some quilters feel so free to make whatever size (even if it turns out to be a small small throw quilt). I get stuck on my 65" x 75" approximation. 
  • Get published in a magazine.
  • Play around with some less "me" color palates. Looking back at the Bella Parade mosaics makes me want to use some new palates. 
Projects to finish this year: 
                {Modern} Robin quilt
                Weekender bag to take to QuiltCon
                 Bella Quilt (eeek this one has to be finished next week!)

5 comments:

  1. Good goals! You are inspiring me to put together a list of goals just for the satisfaction of checking them off. Can I help you with your flickr goal? I just activated my three month free pro trial through this link- http://lifehacker.com/5970801/claim-three-free-months-of-flickr-pro-this-holiday-season I haven't put it to much use yet, but at least I know its there! I always enjoy reading your blog, best of luck in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - BIG goals. Very inspiring - wish you the best in achieving them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your progress, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals Em! Thanks for sharing them with me!
    I have made a linky party for my goal topic now if you wanted to link up there. Up to you. Here's the link just in case:
    http://mummastimetocreate.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/goals-linky-list.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete