Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Doll Quilt Swap 13 Progress!
Unfortunately it hasn't been as productive of a week as I'd like. We had some issues with our furnace last weekend which left me hiding under quilts rather than piecing them! Thankfully that's all fixed now, so I see some real progress soon! 

This week I've made a little more progress on my weekender - I just have two more outer pieces to piece/quilt. I'm ready to get this one together!

Florida star - minus the HST's on the corners. Pattern found here (and reduced 50%)

I've also made some progress on my Doll Quilt Swap quilt. I've pieced another block and a half. I'm really having fun with the paper piecing. I'm thinking maybe one more intricate paper pieced block, or maybe a mini swoon block? We'll see. I'm really sad that my EPP block is missing (along with my hand sewing kit eek!). So that one may not be included unless it turns up soon!


I did start and finish my Modern Quilt Guild Madrona Road challenge quilt. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and It'll look nice on my sewing room wall. :) You can read the whole story here.

The biggest thing being checked off my list this week  - prepping for my first week of my new linky party! 

I'm starting a linky party titled "Sew Thinky Thursday." My goal is to get the blogging community thinking and talking. Each Thursday I'll post a conversation topic related to sewing. These are all things that I'd love to chat forever about, but it would likely bore my husband to death if I did. So instead I'll chat with you guys! Here's how it'll work:

I'll post the question a week in advance, and you can then blog your response anytime throughout that week. Stop by my blog every Thursday to join the linky and to read the responses of everyone else. 

This week's question (linking up tomorrow!) is: 
When did you start sewing? Tell us a bit about your sewing history. When did you realize you were really hooked? 

So go ahead and think about it - and stop by to link up tomorrow!



Finally the sad list of things I haven't worked on at all this week:
  1. Michelle's Quilt - no progress, but the batting arrived this morning. So quilting soon! (still waiting for the thread!)
  2. {Modern} Robin - no progress. 
  3. Bubble Quilt - no progress.
  4. Sabrina's Quilt - no progress.
  5. Harry Potter Patronus/Dementor Mini - no progress.

2 comments:

  1. lookin' good! I do so love the Florida Star!!!! and ya if u thought YOUR week was unproductive i can rival it, but i guess u know all about it already hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blocks for your doll quilt - and that Florida star. What a great idea for the 'Sew Thinky Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete