Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Blog Goals Recap!

Here's a recap of my goals accomplished for 2012! I have accomplished almost all of them!!

Fav things made in 2012 mommysnaptime.blogspot.com
Favorite things made 2012

2012 Goals: 
  • Finish my Swoon quilt - free motion quilting it by domestic machine (even though it's huge!) - DONE!! Finished on my new-to-me Juki Tl98e. This was one of the first major projects I did on the machine!
  • Finish my {Sew} Beautiful Bee quilt - drunk love with AMH. It's even huger than the swoon quilt! Done! It now lives on my bed! :) 
  • Try a mid-arm or long-arm machine. Just to say I did. I know it's been offered before but I'm still a little shy about it. I need to give it a try. Done and not done. I tried out some long arm machines at a quilt show this year and it was a lot of fun! However, I didn't quilt a whole quilt on one yet. My friend Marla has offered to let me come play on her long arm - and I intend to take her up on that this coming year!
  • Do a bit more designing of quilts and tutorials. As in actually record the how and what. Maybe put together a quilt pattern? Several new tutorials here on the blog this year, as well as a couple projects on Pellon's website. I have a couple more coming too! I've gotten a lot better at keeping track of my measurements and process too.

  • Sell, swap, etsy, or commission. I'd like to sell something this year to make money for more fabric. Done! I've funded most of my upcoming trip to QuiltCon already by selling some pouches and Christmas stockings. All these things were by commission and I welcome future commission work too. 

  • Meet local bloggers (specifically Sally, Sara, and Angela). I met two of the three! Sally and Sara are both just as sweet in real life! I'm so glad to have met the m in person! I look forward to meeting many more blogging friends next year at QuiltCon!
  • Continue with swaps and bees. Pushing myself each time to learn something new and challenging myself to work on more and more difficult blocks. Done! I continued with the Doll Quilt Swap (and became a mama, and now head mama!). I also did Pillow Top Swap and Ratz Swap! Some of my most intricate work has come from swap projects!
  • Work on making connections within the sewing industry community. Also, I'd love to take a class on sewing machine repair.... anyone have an idea of where one learns such a thing? Done (although this step will never stop being done). I've learned so much from other bloggers, local guild friends, and facebook friends. You guys are all great! Although I haven't found a way to learn sewing machine repair!
  • I'm toying with the idea of trying to get published somehow. I'm working on this. I have two projects in an upcoming book by my friend (eek!) But I won't consider this accomplished until I see my name in print. I suppose I would also consider my Pellon Projects to be "published" too. So cross this one off the list!
  • Go on the quilt retreats offered by the CMQG - continue getting to know those fabulous ladies! Done! I had the absolute most fun at the last retreat, and I feel like it really solidified a few major friendships with fellow guild friends. I learn so much from these talented ladies and I'm glad to share the journey with them!
  • Co-host a new swap with Emily. We did this swap and it was a real hit! My {modern} Robin quilt top is finished and I just need a bit more of a specific fabric for the backing. The swap itself was so much fun and I think Emily and I should do this again sometime!
  • Quilts to make this year 
  • Michelle's Celebration Quilt - almost finished! The top and backing are both done, and the binding is prepped! I'm just waiting for Michelle to order her batting. This will be one of my first finishes of the new year!
  •  A quilt for Lindsey - Done! It's finished and she loves it

I did pretty good on my goals for the year. I've been working on a new list of goals. I'm looking for more challenge and growth this year. It's always fun to come up with new goals! They all start as pipe dreams!

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it a great feeling to review the year? Looks like you had fun as well as getting lots done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an amazing job crossing goals off your list and wow what a mosaic!! Here's to a fab 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've been able to cross so many things off of your list! I'm kinda scared to even go back and look at my list :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say, too, that it seems like it's been longer than just this year since we actually met in person! I'm glad you encouraged me to come to the quilt guild meetings. It's been great to meet you and also to meet so many other fabulous and welcoming people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! And I totally love your SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great year! I think you should have an Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete