Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday - and some additional short term goals.

Before I get into my WIP list, I'm going to post some short term goals for myself as a way to keep myself on track and accountable.

Goals for the next week or two:

  1. This week I want to send out some emails regarding sponsorship for my blog. It's been a couple months since I've done this. (If you have any suggestions of shops who might be willing to sponsor me that'd be great!). It takes a lot for me to put myself out there like this - for every yes there are ton of no's. It will be worth it though. My goal is to spend less out of pocket on the zillion quilts and projects that I make. Will work for fabric.
  2. I need to make some solid progress on my Doll Quilt Swap project. I've got so many great ideas that I just can't leave until the last minute. I'd love to have this quilt finished by QuiltCon.
  3. I want to baste Michelle's Quilt. I'm guessing there will be points while I'm working on my Weekender that I'll need a break - that's when I'll quilt this one. :) Michelle visits in a couple weeks and it'd be amazing to have it all quilted up and ready for her to snuggle with!


The WIP list:

Bella Quilt Finished!
Finished:

  1. Bella Quilt AKA Aunt Kathy's Quilt!!!! IT's FINISHED!!!!!!! I got it done just in time to deliver it to her in person! I'll be writing a full post on this soon. I need to let it marinate in my head first so that I can do it justice. This was the most complex and amazing quilt I've ever made.
  2. The Yellow Quilt. Somehow just writing it down on that list last week made me drag out the binding fabric and put it together! It's done, finished, and awesomely soft. Again, I'll be blogging about this one soon. 
Some Progress:

Fabrics for my Amy Butler Weekender
  1. Weekender - I've cut the duck cloth, batting, and the lining. Tonight I finished the straps and made the piping. So far easy peasy. Really. I'm sure the hard part will be assembling all the thick pieces!
  2. DQS13 - Doll Quilt Swap. I've made a decision about the English paper pieced block, and I started on the HST zig zag that will run through the quilt. The HST's are all finished so I just need to sew them together to make the zig zag. 


No progress:

  1. Michelle's Quilt - no progress, but the batting arrived this morning. So quilting soon! (still waiting for the thread!)
  2. {Modern} Robin - no progress. 
  3. Bubble Quilt - no progress.
  4. Sabrina's Quilt - no progress.
  5. Harry Potter Patronus/Dementor Mini - no progress.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Bella quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors in your Bella quilt are perfect. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in sponsoring you, where are your rates? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've just found my new motto--"Will Work For Fabric"! Love it and your beautiful fabrics on your Weekender bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bella quilt. good luck with the weekender. I've gotten as far as purchasing the pattern then whining about not having made it yet.

    ReplyDelete