Thursday, January 24, 2013

Local Quilt Shop Day!


Have you heard? It's Local Quilt Shop Day! I've seen these fliers up all over facebook all week, and even though it doesn't seem that any of my local shops are "participating" so to say, I still think it's a great idea. (Edit: Fabrics Etc 2 is participating - at least they're on the list up there.)

In the world of modern sewing it's easy to just order our fabric online, find the shop with the cheapest prices, and the largest selection. That's great, but if we all do that all the time we'll put all our local people out of business! I sure hope that never happens in my area!

So today is a day to shop. :) I know I won't be able to make it out to my shops today, but I would love to see this issue talked about. I want to see our local shops thrive. So go out and shop! Chat with your local shop owners, and bring a friend! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy, this means I HAVE to go to the Quilt Shop today. Seriously if we don't support our LQS they are going to disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers
    Here is my web page ; boligityrkia.net

    ReplyDelete