Monday, January 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday - The Weekender Update!

(haha does it show what sort of week I've had already, that it's only Monday and I'm screwing up my days? I thought I was posting a little early - on Tuesday night... nope.)

quilt as you go
Amy Butler Weekender QAYG Detail
I've been plugging away at piecing and quilting the outside panels of my Amy Butler Weekender. So far the Quilt As You Go (QAYG) method of piecing and quilting is going nicely but slowly. I am considering piecing the final two panels (the ones behind the big outside pockets), then quilting each side down as one piece.

quilt as you go
Large front pockets and small side pockets.
I have all the outside pockets pieced and quilted, and one of the top pieces quilted. I also have the handles and the piping prepared. I'm really loving the way it's looking so far. The colors are really fun.

amy butler weekender patchwork
Wonky star in AMH Bohemian!
I'm a little nervous about assembling this bag, but I think it'll be ok. I'm sure I'll get frustrated at points. lol. Right now I'm really excited to start assembling it all!

tiny sawtooth star
4" sawtooth star & 3.5" zig zag
I've also made a little bit of progress on my Doll Quilt Swap quilt. I pieced a tiny sawtooth star (4" finished), and a strip of HST zig zags. These will be only a couple of the elements of this quilt. I need to get piecing! I'm planning on some micro paper piecing too! I hope my partner loves it as much as I do!

I haven't worked on much else this week. So here's the list of no progress:

  1. Michelle's Quilt - no progress, but the batting arrived this morning. So quilting soon! (still waiting for the thread!)
  2. {Modern} Robin - no progress. 
  3. Bubble Quilt - no progress.
  4. Sabrina's Quilt - no progress.
  5. Harry Potter Patronus/Dementor Mini - no progress.
By the way, if you missed it last week - here's my BIG finish. My Bella Quilt is finished, blogged, and delivered to it's new owner! It's by far my favorite quilt I've ever made! 

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday and WIP Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. You'll do fine assembling it. Just watch the seam allowance called for in the pattern, baste where called for, and go slow. If the top/side panels don't fit, you screwed up the seam allowances. Ask me how I know

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing! I am sure it will all come together really well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is certainly going to be a gorgeous bag. Visiting from freshly pieced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those sure are some gorgeous fabrics- can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours and fabrics you are using! Good luck with assembling the bag - I haven't attempted it but I know there is heaps of advice out there if you get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bag is looking awesome! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. I am sure it will go together faster and better than you expect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see it finished - the fabrics together are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your weekender is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag has inspired me - I purchased some fabrics in those colors yesterday. Can't wait to start - but there are other things that need to be done first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking forward to seeing your bag - I love those fabrics! Your doll quilt blocks look adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great straight line quilting....and the colors are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that I am going to start a weekender for a swap...crazy, huh? I may just do two at once (one for myself) so that if I trip up along the way, at least the hiccups are on mine. So freaking out about it though. I am loving the colors on yours. Pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete