Monday, July 4, 2011

DQS11 Hopeful...

DQS11 mosaic
Inspiration mosaic for DQS11
We won't find out if we're in or not until the 8th. The revision of the rules states that the doll quilt must be pieced and include at least 6 blocks (so not an art quilt). The quilts are to be 9" square - 18" square or anywhere between. This is exactly what I love - tiny piecing! I really hope I get in. This swap is chosen by lottery... so there are no guarantees. I'd love to get started though! Cross your fingers for me!!

For my potential partner, here's a breakdown of my current loves.
I like saturated colors of the likes of AMH, Tula Pink, and Echino (although really anything in that color style). I love grey. Light grey, dark grey and everything in between. I like tiny (this swap should be perfect!) I'd love the thought of a moderately simple block repeated in tiny tiny... or bold. Feel free to play with free piecing methods (the triangles and the curves there) as well as gees bend inspired (i love the thought of corduroy added in like the quilts of gees bend often had) I love words or text in any way - pieced, free motion quilted, or even embroidered. The quilt will likely live on my studio wall. :) Have fun and do what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment