Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lots of progress!!!!

Naptime is just about over (the babe is making a bit of noise), and I totally accomplished my goal for this week in one naptime! I got the remaining windows sewn into place on my Doll Quilt Swap quilt... and the sashing has been chosen and sewn into place. I decided on a whim to test out Trisha's tutorial for faux piped binding... which turned out AWESOME! That took a bit more time, but I managed to get it all sewn together, attached, and sewn down! So, all that is remaining for this quilt is a bit of free hand quilting and a label. All to be done on our upcoming vacation (if I don't get it done sooner).

The only bad thing is that my camera battery died before I finished... I seem to have lost my battery charger so I ordered one on amazon... only $5 but it's going to take until next monday to get here!

While we wait for the pics of the finished product, here are some pics of the auditioning of sashing fabrics. I chose green (Kona grass green).

No comments:

Post a Comment