Monday, September 10, 2012

CMQG Fall Retreat

The lake adjacent to our retreat center! 

This past weekend was the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild's fall retreat. I can't begin to explain how much fun it was! I really feel encouraged and uplifted by this group of ladies.

I feel like I've really gotten to know some of the group a lot better this weekend. It's not just about quilting, it's about community and friendships. I feel like this weekend we went a bit deeper - late night conversations - supporting eachother - laughing and having fun. I've been going to CMQG meetings for a while now and it's like our friendships are really growing. It's crazy to think that it was only a couple years ago that I joined up with this guild. I'm glad I did.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really appreciate all the support I get from this group of fabulous ladies. It's hard moving to a city and not having my old friends here, and it's even harder to find people who share interests and are accepting enough to let new people in.

Yes, I'm still on a "retreat high" - and I hope it lasts a while! Thanks for making it a fun and productive weekend ladies!!

5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully supportive and friendly group. I, too, feel grateful to have become a part of this community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being a part of the group too and I can't believe that we have only known each other for that short time! The community aspect of our group is so supportive and nurturing, i wouldn't trade it for anything. Beautiful picture of the lake too, thanks for walking down there with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time - I hope my guild has a retreat sometime. I don't think it will be anywhere nearly so beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time and what a great picture! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that's how ours was. I don't even think I'm going to be a member of mine again after the year is up because I usually feel like I don't really belong, no matter how hard I try. It's funny, because when I hung out with a bunch of old women at my old quilting group, I always felt like I belonged even though they were all retired and loved civil war fabrics. lol

    ReplyDelete