I briefly mentioned in my last post that my main sewing machine (Nancy) may be broken. While free motion quilting the very last bit of what I worked on at the retreat my top thread broke and wound around the bar connecting the take up lever. I was able to remove the wound up thread, but the lever got pulled to the right side a bit and now rubs against the casing of the machine. I'll be taking it to Vogue in Evanston to have the repair guy look at it on Friday. I sure hope it's something that's easily fixed. Although it's not a very expensive machine (Singer Confidence about $250), I really like her. Luckily all my feet attachments fit on my old singer (Wilma)... but I won't be able to free motion quilt since I haven't been able to find a feed dog cover that fits her.
Alright (lol). That being said I pulled out Wilma this evening to work on a bee block. She's not as snazzy as Nancy. She's slower. And for some reason when my iron cycles on she goes even slower (I'm sure that's not a good thing). lol. We made it through though. I did use my 1/4" foot for the first time ever (my confidence keeps a straight seam easier). I also measured my seams periodically and it seems to me that they stayed pretty strait. It's so weird sewing with Wilma. Not my normal at all!
I did finish my bee block. This month is Elizabeth's turn, and she chose a spiderweb block made out of lovely AMH fabrics. :) Two AMH blocks in a row!! I love it! The spiderwebs took a lot of time, but not hard work. I love the outcome. I haven't removed the paper backing yet or sewn the quadrants together... but I can see that it's going to look great!! (**Edit - I did just remove the paper and sew it together - awesome!)The outcome is certainly going to be worth the extra effort of sewing it up with Wilma.