Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Real Quick Question...

Do you have a go-to gift for a new mom or a mom-to-be? Not a baby gift (ok do share those too), but more so a gift for someone who is going through the emotionalness of being pregnant/having a newborn. I have a friend who's wife is pregnant and the husband will be crazy all over the place for business from now until the baby is due... and maybe even after. I just feel like that would be an awful lot to handle while being 6/7 mos pregnant. Any ideas for a homemade mommy care package? She's got two other kids too. Thanks ahead of time. :)

**PS I forgot to add that she's far away from us too. :(

7 comments:

  1. I'd suggest a soothing, rejuvenating music cd + some scented candle + some lovely handmade cream + soap etc basket to pamper her not just 1 day but throughout the loneliness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything Shruti said plus freezer meals. I love having some things in the freezer that I can pull out and bake that same day. With three little kids, food can be one of the most stressful things in my day. I make several of our favorites recipes and just freeze them for the days when I can't think of what to cook for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it really depends on the mom. My thoughts are that when I was pregnant I wouldn't have enjoyed soap and stuff because some scents bothered me... However, personally, I would love the idea of a little clutch/coin purse, headband, scarf, lip balm, basically, something to use daily that isn't consumable {except maybe lip balm}, that will always fit! But really, I think it's more the thought that goes into it than the actual item...you're sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what Jennie said. What about a little clutch filled with makeup (if she's that kind of girl), or a handmade book cover?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about a gift certificate for a restaurant she likes? Maybe that one delivers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto a freezer meal. And I usually add a bag of frozen rolls and a bag of salad. It was so wonderful to have a COMPLETE meal without having to think about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of things to keep the other two busy... new lego, playdo, chalks, or even creative play ideas. Have her straddle a chair backwards so she canen and give her a good back and shoulder rub. Paint her toes...

    ReplyDelete