Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm nearly packed...

For the sewing retreat this weekend. It's inspiring how much you can pack into a moderately sized carry-on. I figured I should pack in the suitcase since it has rollers. After a stop at Joann's earlier this week --- where I spent lots of money on boring sewing supplies (rotary cutter blades, batting, thread, needles) --- I'm just about ready. I've got one quilt that needs to be basted and quilted. Two that I need to make another handful of blocks, a bee block, and two doll quilts to be finished. Think I packed enough projects? I'm just not sure what I'll want to sew! lol. I also can't imagine how much I'll be able to get done without the limitations of the two year old's nap time. :) Hopefully enough but I'm sure even if I don't get a ton done that it'll be a good time. I'm new to the group though and I really don't have much of an idea of what to expect.

Once this weekend is over I think (hope) I'll have a better idea of whether or not I think it's worth it to spend lots of money to go to the Sewing Summit next fall. Receiving a bonus check from work right when we got our tax return is making me want to do it more... but what if we're really broke come October? Ack. I hate spending money! I always feel so guilty!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Maybe you could sell one of your quilts or do one on commission to help fund the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I was able to go! With the boy's lacrosse, I just can't get away for a weekend, let alone make it to most of the meetings!

    ReplyDelete