Friday, September 24, 2010

Let the Quilting Begin!

Today I basted Rosemarie's Quilt and started to free motion quilt it. Does anyone else do this? Today I had gotten the quilt all basted, rolled up, and under the machine, and not a minute into it I thought to myself, "I can't do this, I really don't think I can fmq a quilt this big!" lol. I got over that after just a couple minutes... although it's only my second quilt to free motion, it's about the same size as the first one too, I'm sure I can do it. What a big difference it is compared to doing little projects like doll quilts and mug rugs! Well as you'd know it about 4 minutes into the quilting the toddler woke up (just as I was finding my groove). So the rest (or some more) will have to wait until after her bedtime! Here's a little peek though:

1 comment:

  1. I haven't quilted anything really big yet...the biggest was my niece's toddler sized quilt...but I wonder how tricky it will be to do anything bigger on my machine.

    ReplyDelete