Friday, June 1, 2012

Bow Clutch!

I've been admiring this clutch on pinterest for some time now, and this weekend I decided to make one!

These are actually exactly the same, the yellow one has stuff in it already!
It seems easy enough - pretty much it's just a zip pouch with a little strap and a bow on the front. I know I could have figured it out on my own, but it was super simple to use the tutorial. The only thing I'd do differently next time, is I'd use interfacing on all my pieces (especially since I did use quilting cottons for the whole thing).


Quick and easy - I made two of them in about an hour! One is for my sister - at the suggestion of her best friend I made hers red. Mine is Bella Solids Mustard. Here's my only issue with the tutorial, the materials list says you need WAY more fabric than you really use. I made mine out of 1 FQ of the outer fabric and a 10" x 12" scrap of the lining. No need for half yards here - check out the cutting diagram I made for using a FQ. Much less wasted fabric!


I'm not a tiny purse type person, but I figure once in a while it's nice to not have EVERYTHING with me. And it'll work great with my Pretty Pleats Tote! :)

I even remembered to sew in those little "handmade with love" tags!

4 comments:

  1. They're so cute! And great job with the cutting diagram. I like efficient use of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! I made two of these a few months ago, and I haven't used them. Isn't that awful! I'll do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these little clutch purses, especially with the solid fabric. I may have to add this my "list", too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! I hate when tutorials say you need way more fabric than you'll ever actually use. Thanks for the cool tip =D

    ReplyDelete