Friday, October 21, 2011

PTS6!


It's time for the big reveal! I've finished my Pillow Talk Swap pillow, and actually was graced with a moment of sunshine today to take a picture!!


I'm not sure which side is the front, and I'll explain why. First I made several of the +/x blocks which were ok.  I wasn't really in love with them and didn't think the balance of colors was right. I put them aside and worked on something a little bit safer for me -- the square-in-square one. This time with my tiny signature wonky star included in one of the squares. I love that side best, but it seems like my swap-mates like the other side. That left me with really only one answer - to use them both! 

My first zippered pillow!
I quilted both sides and put it all together with a zippered side. I followed this tutorial for the side zipper - it was really fabulous and easier than I thought it would be!


The little star there? just under 3"!
Now for some more close-ups! I hope my partner likes large pillows... this one turned out to be about 23" square... it's huge and amazing... and inside are two of my normal pillows (and it's still a bit loose!).

Some "organic" straight line quilting!
This guy will be in the mail on Monday, after it makes an appearance at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meeting Sunday! :)

3 comments:

  1. This pillow looks awesome! I'm sure your partner will love it. I especially love the tiny star in the corner on the square side. I've been wanting to make some pillows for myself, so I am also bookmarking this edge zipper tutorial because I think I'd like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Emily! I love the dark blues and the mix of habitat and good folks. Rad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am the lucky recipient of this beauty! Yahoo. I have a family of six and we all oooed and awwwed over the incredible work you put into this pillow cover. It's huge and amazing. Thank you so much. Virtual hugs for making my week.

    ReplyDelete