Friday, February 13, 2009

Baby size quilt... in progress!

Today Allie napped for about 3 hours strait!!! lol It works sometimes. I pieced together and sewed the top of her baby size quilt. I worked on some of the embroidery on it too. It's turning out super cute. I can't wait. I have decided against using the fabric I had purchased for the backing - it just doesn't seem right. So I'll return to the fabric store soon. I also need to buy some fabric paint and start practicing baby feet stamping (as I intend to print her feet on the corner of the blanket, along with her birth date.

After the nap we got out the stroller and walked down the way to the dollar store for some valentine's day goodness. No, not for the husband, but for his mom. Sweet as she is - babysitting for us whenever we need her, and being back up for when her dear son doesn't make it home from work in time for me to leave for work... she deserves a nice surprise at work tomorrow. Which will come in the form of Allie in her pretty dress delivering the pretty purse (that I made this afternoon using this tutorial) and some goodies. The purse turned out great... it could be a bit deeper, but being as I used only two fat quarters to make it, I'm pretty satisfied.

Again, photos to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment