Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas and Christmas Presents Made.


It was such a busy Christmas season that I didn't get a chance to do much sewing. Most of my Christmas gifts were either done way ahead of time (at camp stitchalot), or done quickly at night. But I still managed to get a few done.

Most importantly I finished all four pencil pouches for Allie's teachers. I'm not sure if I've shared it here, but we moved this summer in order for Allie to go to a better school. It was absolutely worth the hellish move. She has four teachers who work with her every day (and many more who are there throughout the week) - who make her days great. She's getting the support she needs here, and there's no handmade gift that would say thank you enough for that!


Next up - the zippy I made for Pellon last month ended up going to my Mom. It was really hard to part with this one, but I know that I didn't need it, and she'll use it. I am hoping she uses it regularly enough that I get to see it when she comes to visit! 


Potholders! Did I mention that several people in my family have moved recently? My sister and her family moved at the end of the summer too. She's the baker of the family and needed some new potholders. So she was the lucky recipient of the potholders I made at Camp Stitchalot. These were made under the guidance of Debbie / Esch House Quilts, and they're fabulously thick! I know they'll get used!


Finally here's the one quilt gift of the season. This one is for my cousin Jordan's new baby who should be born any day now. I talked about this quilt here. Hopefully the quilt gets lots of use - that's what they are for!! 

Additionally I made several oilcloth box pouches, pencil pouches, etc. Somehow I didn't even take pictures of these. :) I also made a few custom ordered pouches this year - they were a lot of fun and it's great to have a bit of extra cash in the quilting budget! Thanks to those who supported me by allowing me to make some gifts for them!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure that you will see your mom using that pouch a lot! It's so pretty, how could she not want to see it all the time ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me! I need to add potholders to the list of things to make this year - I have some very old disgusting ones that don't do justice to the new kitchen... Are they quick?

    ReplyDelete