Sunday, November 24, 2013

A finished quilt, but it's not mine!


Last weekend I quilted a charity quilt for our Chicago Modern Quilt Guild. We were collecting full size quilts (BIG) for a local group called Teen Living. Teen Living provides necessities (apartment type necessities) for teens who are aging out of the foster care system, and will be moving out on their own for the first time. Amazingly our guild managed to make 23 full size quilts!

We were encouraged to work in small groups for this project, so I joined up with Emily. She pieced it and I quilted and bound it! (she even made the binding - how speedy is that?!). 

I quilted it with a basic stipple, and for whatever reason my Juki seemed to be skipping a stitch every once and a while - I'm hoping that it has something to do with the fact that the quilt was made using vintage linens... but I might take the machine in to have it looked at just in case. I would hate to think that I might have knocked the timing off or something! 

It was really great to see all our guild's charity quilts - and they were very well received by the Teen Living staff. I hope to have a blog post up soon on the Chicago MQG blog which will include some pictures of the other quilts. 


4 comments:

  1. This quilt is TOO YOURS! I could not have made it without you, thank you so much for doing all the finishing on it! It was so satisfying to make something out of the vintage sheets i have, and great to help out this amazing charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome beautifully wonderful!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful! way to go and such a worthy charity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an impressive and inspiring number of large quilts to make, congrats to you and your guild.

    ReplyDelete