Sunday, July 31, 2011

Just a quick post to say...

I love Jim, the repair man from Vogue Fabrics in Evanston. :)
(even though I feel a little bad)
He spent 5 hours looking at my machine trying to figure out what exactly was making my machine appear to have tension issues (note that it wasn't actually the tension)...

Guess what it was? Apparently I had sewn so much on this machine that I actually wiggled a couple screws loose in the take-up-lever area! lol. He said it's not something he's really seen happen often, but that the number of hours I've put on this machine probably has something to do with it!

A couple other reasons I love that guy/place
  • The repair still only cost the normal $35 labor fee - even though he spent so long on it. They're good to their word on that!
  • I didn't have to replace anything.
  • Nancy is so completely dust free as a result of that 5 hour surgery... I'm pretty sure they got stuff out of places I couldn't get anywhere near! 
  • I just sewed up a couple micro-star blocks and some other stuff - it sews better than I can even remember! (I'm thinking this issue started sometime before the CMQG retreat...) 
WOW! That's all. Pictures and all that stuff later!

3 comments:

  1. Great news about Nancy! love that the problem was her having some screws loose from all of your hard work :) can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that Nancy was able to be tightened back up to her nearly original self!

    ReplyDelete