Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CMQG - Mug Rug Swaps Received!

Last week I received mug rugs from my three partners for the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild swap. I can't quite post the pictures of the ones I sent out yet (since I've arranged to deliver one in person at our guild meeting next week). But here are the lovelies that I received!
CMQG - Mug rug swap recieved!
top two: from Terri (one is for my daughter!!) Bottom Left: from Elaine Bottom Right: from Sarah

 Here's a close up of the two from Terri! I love the colors and style of both of them - and I'd never before seen binding like the white one (zoom in it's pretty cool). I did then the next day see someone post about that sort of binding on a blog pretty awesome! One of them is for my daughter although if you ask Allie which is hers she'd say both of them! :) Thanks Terri!!
CMQG - Mug rug swap recieved!
This one is from Elaine who I'd hoped to have as one of my partners too! (next time I'm sure!). She surprised me with this awesome star which is made using AMH fabrics and grey (my fav!) Some of the fabrics are a cotton sateen which is amazing in texture! Not to mention that it was inspired by a blog post by AMH and... when Elaine posted it to flickr none other than AMH herself left a comment on it! Can you believe it?! Awesome!
CMQG - Mug rug swap recieved!
This mug rug is from Sarah, and she really hit the mark! I love this pattern and the of course I adore those fabrics (did I ever mention my love for Anna Maria Horner fabrics?) She used fabrics from Anna's Bohemian and Chocolate Lollipop lines of fabric (both out of print). I'd never even seen any bohemian in real life before - never! It's not even on my list of wants because it's so out of print!

Such a great surprise then was this little stack of 6 fat eighths!! I believe all but the brown multi dots are from Anna's Bohemian line of fabric (the brown multi is from Chocolate Lollipop). Oh my! :) Did I mention that I love Anna Maria Horner? I do. :) These are pretty amazing and I'm going to have to take a deep breath sometime and cut into them! (not pictured here: two awesome AMH fabric covered magnets that will be shown on my bulletin board soon!)

Thanks ladies for such an awesome swap! I had a lot of fun creating for my partners and obviously I got some awesome mug rugs in return!! I can't wait till our next guild meeting so I can see what everyone else made!

No comments:

Post a Comment