Friday, July 8, 2011

DQS11!!

I'm in!

I've been waiting all week for partner assignments to be sent (today)... and I'm in! For those of you who aren't familiar, I'm talking about the Doll Quilt Swap on flickr. Since they have so many people sign up, a lottery is held to determine who gets to play each round. This will be my third round with DQS and it's by far the most amazing swap group ever! Everyone is very friendly and talkative and most of all - creative! 
Sketches of possibilities. That top left one is a triangle shape quilt.
I wasted no time this morning - I stalked my partner to seek out his/her likes and dislikes. I think I have a good start. I drew up a bunch of options to put out there (see if she bites on any of them). Then I stitched up a little practice (which will eventually go into my Scrappy Tiny Fun quilt). 

String blocks, paper pieced, unfinished 3" square, finished 2.5"
Since I've already blogged about my likes etc for my partner I won't go into that now. I'll keep talking about my ideas for my partner. This sample once again, is not at all in the colors that I'm planning on working with (I'm thinking lighter and pinks and such - very spring) -- unless he/she speaks up and says that these colors are what he/she wants!

Next up, a trial of a new york beauties block - in miniature (I'm hoping I can pull it off in 4" or 5" ... I'm not sure but it might work! It's a pretty huge challenge though since I've never even made a new york beauties block.... lol. It may end up as one tiny one for the label. But wouldn't it be cool to see 6 or 9 of those in tiny? We'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment