Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stitched In Color's Bloggers Pillow Party

Blogger's Pillow Party
I finally got my act together and finished this pillow - just in time to enter the Blogger's Pillow Party over at Stitched in color!
Here it is! This pillow will be sent along with the (yet to be finished) quilt for my cousin Ruthie's baby. The funny thing is is that I hadn't even planned on making her a quilt. As it would happen I had the chance to use a friend's Accuquilt Studio cutter at the retreat last month, and I'd decided to chop up this gorgeous FQ stack of Nicey Jane fabric. I had fused some double sided web onto the backs of a couple fabrics and cut a ton of circles (Ebony had a custom die for button covers - which made a ton of different sized circles). I couldn't bear to trash the extra fabric from around the circles, so I used it to make a little coordinating pillow.

I fused those background pieces into place and free motion quilted around each circle. Then I went back and hand quilted inside some of them with DMC floss. It's very pretty and looks quite bubbly once I got it onto the pillow form!
Now I just have to piece the back of the quilt, and quilt it and we're good to go! I should get this done before Easter (!?) otherwise I'm going to have to mail it to her... which I totally don't want to do. Mailing quilts makes me nervous!

5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the "leftovers" to make this pillow! It looks great! I love the circles.

    I agree, I would be nervous mailing a quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think this is so neat! Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever! I love how cheerful all the circles are. :) Saw you at the pillow party.

    ReplyDelete