Friday, April 29, 2011

Sew Beautiful - An Update

Sew Beautiful - February Label
I showed some pictures of my Sew Beautiful Bee blocks in the trimming and layout process last week. Well I actually have made quite some progress since then. All the blocks are sewn together, awaiting a trip to the fabric store for some more Kona Coal for a border.
Sew Beautiful - Feb. backing stuff.
I've done quite a bit of work on the random piecing for the back. I'm not entirely sure where this is going, but I had a lot of fun playing with the scraps that my bee members sent back. I think I sent them enough fabric... these are entirely made from the scraps they sent back! I still have a couple small stacks of strips too! Some of these will be trimmed and given some borders. I think I'm going to piece them in with some solid greys and Kona grass green, and maybe some chunks of the fabrics I have remaining yardage of. I'm so happy to have all these bits on my design wall! Also, how amazing is that label??? SO COOL! It was made by Lee, who also had it printed for each of us (spoonflower rocks!). That safety pin border, totally necessary.

3 comments:

  1. OK, so this is totally unrelated to your post, but here goes. I saw your "honest" comment on the Stitched in Color blog about worrying that you talk about not getting pregnant too much. It made me click over here because I empathize. It's a topic that I don't discuss at all on my blog because I guess I'm not that honest or personal there, and I've only discussed it in person with a few people. So talk about it all you want because it makes me feel not so alone! I'm the mom of a 2-1/4 year old, and I got pregnant with her right away. Now I've been trying for 9 months to get pregnant again. I understand your frustration! Anyway, I'll be following your blog now, and thanks for being "honest".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The label looks great all framed out like that! (Love the safety pins.) Can't wait to see how this all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so inspiring! And that label rocks.

    ReplyDelete