Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A little start...

The Scrappy Mug Rug Swap is starting up again (round four can you believe it??!!) And I had an immediate idea for my partner. I figured I'd give some half square triangles (HST) a try -- ok well quarter square triangles since that's the way I deemed easier (I don't have a quilting needle plate on my machine... so those tips of fabric get caught down there every time. Quarter square triangles = no points to sew into). I broke into my scraps from my bee month and used some of my absolute fav. fabrics (AMH Good Folks) and some solids. Here's my start.
I've got so much more to share here, having finished two quilts and a pillow that I haven't shared in full yet... but it just seems like the time isn't here to do that (not to mention that I have to do some photo editing since the pictures were taken during the rain this weekend).
Allie Easter
So, I'll leave you with this picture, of my little girl being all punk rock on the trampoline at my sister's this weekend! Hope you all had a great Easter!!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see your other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Emily. Love the colors you chose for the solids, especially the gray.

    Cinzia

    P.S.I joined the swap too. my first time!

    ReplyDelete