Monday, April 4, 2011

A little update.

Here are some bullet points about what I've been up to:
  • Sent my Doll Quilt Swap out last week and it was received by my bloggy friend Kaelin (The Plaid Scottie). So I can finally reveal that label that was actually the first part of the quilt I made. I tried a bit of embroidery for her little Scottie, and a Chicago flag to represent me (she had lived here once too). I love it!
  • Participated in Iron Quilter at the CMQG (Chicago modern quilt guild) meeting a couple weeks ago. I have pictures and have meant to blog about it but it just hasn't happened.
  • I had a sewing day (afternoon) with my new guild friend Emily and we had a blast. I worked on a baby shower gift (another one --all these stupid pregnant people), and some blocks to finish up my bee quilt. She finished piecing the top to her modern quilt challenge monochromatic quilt (which is fabulous - go to the link and watch her progress video)!
  • I potty trained my 2 1/2 yr old. Whoa. Ok well mostly she wears a pull-up in the car and while sleeping but that's pretty good if you ask me. She's at the intelligence level now that all it really took was a bit of patience and a pretty selection of underwear. (the Ariel ones are her fav's right now).
  • This was really trying since we have no washer/dryer here - hence the apartment search is moving forward.
  • I broke down and paid $14 for some new Old Navy (men's) PJ pants. I had two pair from high school (eek like 10 yrs ago) that had ghosts on them (my "ghosties") that bit the dust recently. I want to live in my new pants but they need some ghosts on them. I miss my Ghosties... they got me through a lot. I wonder if my brother still has his... (my mom found them on clearance before Christmas that year... we all had at least one pair... even my dad!)
  • DH and I got a little date of sorts today. We went to a tea tasting thing at our local tea store. Pretty cool and I know a lot more about tea and tea varieties (loose leaf) than I thought. Next up is tea blending class! (I'm drinking "Forest Berries" black tea right now which is pretty good). FYI my favorite "tea" (Rooibos) is not actually a tea, since it doesn't come from the tea plant. lol. It's still my fav.
  • I want to sew right now but I think I might go snuggle in bed with DH and watch some Dexter... although I'm a bit peeved with Dexter right now. Grr (season 4 finale).

4 comments:

  1. Iron Quilter? I'm intrigued, want to hear more! That's so awesome that Kaelin was your partner. I just love your label for her!! And good for you with the potty training, especially without a washer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes, I must know more about Iron Quilter. : )

    Good job on the potty training! I'm starting to think about it for my youngest and I'm DREADING it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! Dexter Season 4 Finale!!!!! ('nuf said)

    Congrats on the poddy training. Hoping it'll go smoothly when my son gets there. :)

    Also, I must remember to proofread comments before posting them. ;)

    ReplyDelete