Friday, November 9, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 13 - Sign-ups starting!

We're preparing for another awesome round of the Doll Quilt Swap on flickr. This will be the 13th round - and I'm one of the head mama's for this swap now. I'm pretty excited to have a bigger part in a swap that's so special to me! 
made by emedoodle
Doll Quilt Swap 9
The swap is open to all active flickr members (posting sewing related pics a couple times a month). If that's you, feel free to go sign up! 

Doll Quilt Swap 10, made for Kaelin / theplaidscottie

This will be my fifth round with DQS. I'll always have a special place in my heart for it since DQS9 was my very first swap (I know that's not supposed to happen since you're required to have participated in a swap before... but I got in!). I have grown and learned a lot throughout those five swap rounds. I've made a lot of really great friends too.

Doll Quilt Swap 11, made for Maria / MollyJolly
I have to say that this swap keeps getting better and better. I always try to push myself to learn something new on my DQS quilts. I also love getting to know my partners after they've received their quilts. 
Doll Quilt Swap 12, made for Mona / QuiltCyclist
Some really great friendships have been formed here - I first "met" Shruti in Doll Quilt Swap - she sent me this fabulous quilt for Doll Quilt Swap 10! We've been friends ever since (maybe one day we'll meet in real life - when my life becomes glamorous enough to take trips to India for a visit! I can dream right?). Though I will be lucky enough to meet my DQS12 partner, Mona this year at QuiltCon! 

Are you ready for a fabulous swap? Please go sign-up now! Don't wait too long, sign-ups won't be open too long! :)

4 comments:

  1. We'll surely meet one day Em! Tell you what, I've started saving, you do the same and we'll meet midway! Maybe somewhere in europe! LOL! Girls can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo - I've always been envious of the doll quilts made in that group. Everyone makes such amazing mini's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little mini that's mine (mollyjolly). It's still hanging on my wall, where it has brought me many a morning of joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the doll quilts really are very cool! I love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete