Monday, July 2, 2012

More "finishing"


Ok so not all of my "finishes" are truely finished... but they're finished for me- less a WIP and more waiting to be quilted. 

Today I bit the bullet and decided on a border size for my My Precious QAL quilt. It was going to be a mini quilt, but I increased the size of the pieced part to show off each of those precious Bohemian fabrics, so my original idea of an offset grey border seemed silly, it's no longer a mini quilt, yet not quite a usable size quilt (37" square). Logic lost this conversation, I went with my heart and made it the size that the patchwork wanted. It can be a newborn quilt should I get pregnant sometime soon (God willing--seriously!). I won't hold my breath for that since it's already been 3+ years... whatever that's not what this post is about. 


Sari fabric for the back!
Tonight I will search my "scrap batting" and find a piece (or a couple pieces) big enough. The backing fabric has been chosen. I'll be using some luscious sari fabric that Shruti sent me way back when she had me as a partner for DQS10. It'll be perfect! I'm unsure about the binding, but I'm sure it'll come to me! 


I'm not sure if I'll try to quilt this one by the end of Finish week, but either way I count the quilt top as being a finish! :) How are you guys doing?? Finishing some projects??

6 comments:

  1. That looks great! Love the colours. I've lost my sewing mojo so haven't been attempting to finish anything =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the colors pop on the gray! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've haven't finished anything...not even the cleaning I need to do since we are having family over on Wednesday.

    I like how you've made this quilt, even it is "not quite a usable size".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Bohemian quilt-- just gorgeous. I want to cuddle with it!

    ReplyDelete