Sunday, July 1, 2012

Finishing!


Today Wally took Allie out to hang out with his brother for a couple hours... and I managed to get my cousin Lindsey's quilt top finished!! This is my bee quilt from this year! :) 

I'd had the sashing all cut, and the blocks trimmed and pressed... the only thing holding me back was determining the layout of the blocks! I decided to wing it and it turned out alright! I'm loving this quilt top!

I was about to piece together the back - but realized I'm a yard short for backing fabric! Ahh! lol. So I need to look around and find some solid yellow - I think Kona Canary will do it. The quilt top measures 60" x 79" Exactly as planned! Again I'm going to tell you, that this method (click on "Adding Borders") of adding borders really works perfectly. Thanks Ebony for sharing the knowledge!

5 comments:

  1. The quilt looks awesome! Loving the colour scheme! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the fabrics and the layout - can't wait to see it all quilted up! Also, thanks for the tip to visit LoveBug Studio.. I never thought I could afford long-arm quilting services, but this looks reasonable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in this one - beautiful, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt, it's gorgeous!

    I received the 2 yards of fabric I won on the Bella Solids Parade, thanks so much for hosting, the fabric is just delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in this quilt! I can't wait to see it all finished up :)

    ReplyDelete