...Are you ready for it??!!
A bathing suit!
Yep I winged it and it turned out fairly perfect!
I was a Joann's today and they had all their clearance fabrics 50% off the clearance price. So naturally I grabbed some super cute swimsuit fabric! I bought a yard and a half and used only about half a yard. It was $6/yd after the discount.
|I used Emily's technique - bribery with lollipop.|
While Allie napped I scoured the house for one of her tank tops and underwear (clean thankfully). I roughly copied the racer-back tank - no lining, edged with fold over elastic (FOE). I happen to be allergic to elastic, but not to FOE - so I typically have some on hand.
The bottoms were a bit more tricky to figure out - because I wanted them fully lined - I traced the underwear but somewhere in the process of adding seam allowances I managed to have a front and back that were nearly the same. In the end it didn't matter too much - I actually like a fuller bottom - less wedgies. I didn't use any elastic in the bottoms and the stitches around the waist stretch just enough to get them on.
It's not perfect, but it'll work -- MIL's condo association's pool opens tomorrow! Here's hoping for nice weather!!
(ps - I'm working on figuring out how to restrict the pinning of certain pictures (such as Allie in her bathing suit) so please make a little effort with me - just pin the blog header and notate that it's a post about swimsuits.)