Friday, October 28, 2011

Checking it off my list!

Well, not just yet - but I'm pretty confident I'll get there.

Not with me? I'm checking #4 off this list that I made last December. That list of ten things I wanted to do this year? Maybe I'll finish them all! Still nothing happening about #7... but I guess there are still a couple months left in this year to fix that.

Last night I cut the pieces for one Swoon block. I timed myself while I was sewing the block together - it took me just about 2 hours to piece one block (cutting time not included)! It's well worth the time! I love this block!! And... I have some bonus HST's since I HST'd the outside edges of the flying geese sets. Those bits of fabric would have otherwise been tossed so they're completely bonus (for very little additional work)

The Swoon quilt will be for my lovely MIL, Linda. She's pretty much awesome as far as anyone goes, and much cooler than any other MIL that I know!

Here's my inspiration board for this quilt. You'll be seeing more of these blocks soon. I'm really loving it!

(update - I've made another block - and I'm still loving it!)

Linking up at Fabric Tuesday on Quiltstory

9 comments:

  1. I started following you too. I really enjoyed meeting you at the Summit. Can't wait for it to come around again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice! I am impressed with the way the "squiggles" in the center block match up with the star. I am jealous though, I am on my 8th swoon block and only now made a block that is actually square, some reason I couldn't get my block seam allowances to match up, ending up in chopped points when I made my quilt. :( Oh well, practice makes perfect, right? If you have any tips on how you made your block completely square you should share, becuase I have seen a lot of wonky blocks like mine out on flicker, I hardly knew they could end up perfect like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I finally bought this pattern yesterday. I'm going to use it with my Hideaway stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those two fabrics! I may have to give in and make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily! Thanks so much for writing. I lost a bunch of stuff from the Summit, including all of the business cards I collected. I'm so happy to know where I can find your blog. I love your swoon block! I finally completed my quilt top. Phew! It's a big quilt. Anyway, I can't wait to see more pics of your blocks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping in from Fabric Tuesday. What a cool block and thanks for the link to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your MIL is going to love this when your done! It's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Swoon block is lovely - your MIL is a very lucky lady. Great colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been crushing on this pattern since I first started seeing around the blogisphere... Your block looks great and just makes me want to make this pattern/quilt even more! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete