Saturday, April 9, 2016

Gradient Burst Quilt


Gradient Burst 53” x 59”
Quilt Now Magazine issue 20 (February 2016)

The desire to make this quilt started as more of a desire for the process. The intention was to create a unified work using a bundle of strips - I wanted a project where I could mindlessly sew strips, and use just a bit of concentration while trimming and cutting the pieces. I wanted something that would draw the viewer in, contain their senses for a moment. Following the continuity of line, and contrast of color I worked to create a striking quilt. Sometimes the simplest strips can do unexpected things.



Gradient Burst pillow. Made using the scraps from the quilt. Featured in the Craftsy Month blog hop.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I may try something similar to this for a mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think you accomplished your goals.

    ReplyDelete