Monday, April 21, 2014

Origami Box Pouch


Last night I decided to ignore all my sewing deadlines and sew something fun. Clearly I needed a little bit of scraps in my life. I had bought this little stack of scraps on an Instagram sale last week (from the fabulous Pattern Crush), the scraps arrived so quickly, and they've been calling to me all week!!

I decided to make an Origami Box Pouch since I hadn't tried that construction method yet. Of course I couldn't make it easy - I used some scraps of headliner fabric (a little thicker than Soft & Stable) - and I pieced the outside using the quilt as you go method. The fake Soft & Stable has great texture once quilted, I highly recommend it for small projects! 


The pouch came together pretty easily - my Juki can handle all the bulk of multiple layers of that foam! I had a little trouble on the one end - my pull loop got a little out of place and it's wonky. I'm leaving it that way because not everything has to be perfect. 

I didn't line this - the back side of the Soft & Stable is pretty sturdy, and I didn't want to add any more bulk. I haven't gotten around to covering the seams on the inside with bias - I may not even do that. Sometimes it just feels good to make something. It doesn't have to be perfect.


What is perfect though, is how nicely my inhaler and my inhaler spacer fit. Perfect! This one will stay with me - my purse looks a little more ready for spring this way!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including link to the tutorial...yours is so cute and yes it sometimes feels so good just make and finish something.

    ReplyDelete