Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips.
What you need:
- Pitas that are nearly past their prime (ok they could be fresh but it feels thriftier to use ones that otherwise wouldn't be eaten
- Butter/margarine/substitute (I use Brummel & Browns because it's yummy)
- Cinnamon and sugar mixed (I used a ratio of about 1/4C. sugar to 1-2 tbsp. cinnamon - didn't use it all obviously!)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- While your oven is heating line a cake pan or cookie sheet with foil (this helps in cleanup but is essentially unnecesary), and split the pita bread into two layers (if using pocket type pitas).
- Apply a thin layer of butter type substance to the rough inside side of your pitas. You can do this by melting it and using a pastry brush if you'd like. The Brummel & Browns I use is pretty soft so I just use a butter knife.
- Sprinkle the buttered side with cinnamon sugar and cut into quarters (or smaller if you prefer).
- Lay butter side up on pan.
- Bake for 10 - 15 min, until edges are getting nice and toasty brown and the middles are crispy (this time will vary depending on the amount of butter used).
- Remove from oven and enjoy!!!