Today was a day of firsts for me. It was the first envelope of Bee fabric that I got in the mail, and the first practice block to be made. Now I don't think I'll necisarily make a practice for every month, but this month was a bit outside of my norm. For the month of January, Cherie requested Dresden Plates using this tutorial (but using a different ruler). I used some of my larger scraps to put together a sample. It went together much easier than I thought it would! And thanks to Cherie's suggestion of numbering the backs, the petals stayed in their proper order! Unfortunately I don't have a large enough piece of neutral fabric to sew this onto (lol lack of solids in my stash - they're always the first to go!). The practice was great and now I'm confident about starting the real block!